Monday, July 21, 2014

Of Hope - Boycott Israel 2014 - Part 3 - BuyCott App

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself" ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Hello Readers,

It is a Monday. Throughout the weekend, I have received vibers, texts, watsapps and emails from all of you. So many questions were asked of me but they all had the same underlying tone.

It was of frustration.

It was of feeling helpless.

It was of hopelessness.

One that resonated the most with me is the question "Why?". 

I had to stay silent, because honestly I do not know the answer. 

All I know is what I have experienced myself. And I have to admit that not a day goes by that I do not ask myself that question on all the events that have unfolded in my life. On all the events unfolding in the world.

But I know that since these events have unfolded in my life, I have changed. What is happening in Gaza and all other conflicted countries around the world is no longer a statistic to me. These are real people. With a name, a beating heart. Aisha's death changed me. It made me want do more than just condemn. It made me realise that one person can make a difference, because I, just one person did make a huge difference in hers before it was time for her to be with the Almighty. A place I may never see but I hope to. She is playing with my angel Akif. My kids are watching me up there.

I cannot simply exist. I must make a difference in any way I can and stand for what I deem just. This is not about the crowd. This is about ME. 

Without suffering I realised, there would have been no compassion. And after what and who I have lost, I realised I truly feel it. I truly feel compassion.

Maybe that is what this is all about. MAYBE. I don't know. But not knowing will not stop me now. I cannot stop, I cannot pause. It is a compulsion. It is an addiction. It is a CALLING.

Join me.

Guys, I have a new exciting app to share with you on the BDS campaign.

Its an exciting new app called BUYCOTT. The link to the information and cause behind the making of this app can be found here.


Step 1 - Download the app from the app store or your google play store. 



Step 2 - You can log in with facebook or email and then choose the causes that you are passionate about here. There are a few ongoing campaigns regarding all causes possible listed in accordance to category above.


Step 3 - The campaign I chose. 


You can see the list of trending campaigns on its home page.


Information about the campaigns are set out.

Step 4 - Scan a product 


Step 5 - Get a report whether the product contravenes the particular campaign/cause you are supporting before buying.


Let's do this readers.

We do not merely exist. 

We shall resist.

More updates on the campaign soon.

You know where to find me if you need me. I am on IG, FB, Dayre and Wechat. idzerqqy is what they call me. Keep the emails coming in.

Much love from Airiel and I.

Peace and love to everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment